Wednesday, September 24, 2008

obligation

Their eyes met, and remained locked for a couple of seconds that feel eternal. His stony, dark orbs and her fiery ones wet with pooled tears. The finger moved, ever so subtly, pressing harder on the trigger. Then the hand stiffened.

"I can't do it."
"I've said over and over again that I trusted you with my life. Now I'm trusting you to let you take it, as you had agreed to do."
"I am obliged to do it, whether I chose to or not."
"Whether you chose it or not, the blame I'll never put on you."

Three eternal seconds.

"I can't do it while drowning in your eyes."

She turned around, throwing her gaze into the oceans below shimmering under the black-gold of dark sunset.

"I've always wished for your visage to be the last I see, but I guess the dying sun will do."

No comments: